Whippet is Cambridgeshire’s oldest bus company – we’ve been helping people get around for over a century. We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team of highly-skilled drivers based at our Swavesey depot just north of Cambridge driving our long-distance routes for partner Flixbus.
Our aim is to provide excellent customer service and a 100% safe environment for our colleagues and customers – we’re looking for some of the best people to join our team of Flixbus drivers.
You’ll be working 5 days a week on a rota, earning a guaranteed 42 hours per week.
If you already have a PCV licence (category D) and valid D-CPC card, you’ll be able to get started really quickly. If you don’t, we'll support you through all the training needed to gain this valuable qualification. Once you’re onboard, you’ll benefit from our extensive training and staff development programme, included ongoing free CPC training and free driver medicals.
In return, we offer
• a place where we know you by name - we look out for each other and value everyone who works with us
• earn over £33k per year - more with overtime
• opportunities to do overtime, if desired
• free travel on our buses, and selected other local bus companies, for you and your partner
• a choice of shift patterns (subject to availability)
• company pension
• 24 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
• a smart, free uniform
• free hot drinks in our restroom
• free eye tests
• we'll pay for your tachograph card to be renewed
• and much more!
You’ll need to be 21 years or old and have a valid car licence (for trainees) or PCV licence (to get started straight away) with no more than 6 penalty points.
Watch this short video to find out more about Whippet