Whippet is Cambridgeshire’s oldest bus company – we’ve been helping local communities get around for over a century. We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team of highly-skilled drivers, on a full- or part-time permanent contract, based at our Swavesey depot just north of Cambridge.
Our customers use our buses for all sorts of reasons – education, work, shopping or just a ride out to see friends. Our aim is to provide excellent customer service and a 100% safe environment for our colleagues and customers – we’re looking for some of the best people to join our team.
- 5 day week, guaranteed 45 hour week
- New improved pay - earn over £35k per year, or more with overtime
If you already have a PCV licence (category D) and valid D-CPC card, you’ll be able to get started really quickly. If you don’t, we'll support you through all the training needed to gain this valuable qualification. Once you’re onboard, you’ll benefit from our extensive training and staff development programme, included ongoing free CPC training and free driver medicals.
In return, we offer:
• a place where we know you by name - we look out for each other and value everyone who works with us
• opportunities to do overtime, if desired
• free travel on our buses, and selected other local bus companies, for you and your partner
• a choice of shift patterns (subject to availability)
• company pension
• 24 days annual leave (plus public holidays)
• a smart, free uniform
• free eye tests
• free hot drinks in our restroom
• and much more!
You’ll need to be 18 years or old and have a valid car licence (for trainees) or PCV licence (to get started straight away) with no more than 6 penalty points.
Complete our fast-track application form to apply today, or email us with your details.
Watch this short video to find out more about Whippet